Uncharted Escapes: Land Rover - Explore the secrets of Wine & Olives with driver and lunch
Full Day 4wd Drive Adventure Tour. Excursion (Hotel pick up) is Starting From: Chania Area, Agia Marina, Kolymbari, Maleme, Platanias Tavronitis
Find out all about Cretans Culture and their secrets for a long life on a Day Trip Safari, with the help of our Land Rovers driving by expert English speaking guides.
See how Cretans harvest olives and produce extra virgin oil by visiting an olive mill.
Enjoy a full guided tour for wine tasting and see the whole wine-making process.
Our day trip safari to the depths of the Cretan culture begins after we pick you up from your hotel or accommodation and heading towards Biolea olive mill in the village of Astrikas for an informative tour and olive oil tasting. Continuing our day tour we visit Karavitakis winery for a mouthwatering wine tasting experience accompanied by interesting information, for example the secrets of high longevity in Crete! Then we head to the village of Ano Vouves to marvel up close the ancient olive tree which is 3000 years old and learn about the history of olives.
Our adventure off-road route starts heading towards Sebronas village and as we cross a gorge with a picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation and panoramic views. There, on our way through the gorge we will have plenty of opportunities to take photos of picturesque chapels, sheep, goats, bees, sprawling vineyards and gorgeous olive groves.
After working up an appetite we arrive at a small village tavern in Nea Roumata, where we will introduce you to the Cretan cuisine with plenty of local platters and let you feel the very essence of the renowned Cretan hospitality. On the way back we will follow an easy asphalt route through orange and lemon trees before reaching back to our hotels.
A unique wine and olive escape, an exciting adventure to embrace the renowned Greek hospitality, enjoy the sights and professional and relaxed service!
• A full-day guided tour of Crete in a Land Rover
• Visit an olive grove, see a 3,000-year-old olive tree and learn how olive oil is made
• Sip wine while being shown how Cretans make wine at a vineyard
• Stop by the chapel of Agia Paraskevi, built atop a huge cave that was a pre-Christian shrine
• Enjoy a traditional Cretan lunch
• Hotel Pick up and drop off.
• Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seater) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
• Entrance fees to the winery for the guided tour.
• Entrance fees to the olive mill for the guided tour.
• Traditional Cretan lunch
• Liability Insurance
• Local taxes
• Drinks and beverages during the lunch. Any food, drinks or services not specified above
Availability: Not available