Uncharted Escapes: Land Rover - Explore the secrets of Wine & Olives with driver and lunch
Full Day 4wd Drive Adventure Tour. Excursion (Hotel pick up) is Starting From: Chania Area, Agia Marina, Kolymbari, Maleme, Platanias Tavronitis
Explore the secrets of Wine, Olives
Find out all about Cretans Culture and their secrets for a long life on a Day Trip Safari, with the help of our Land Rovers driving by expert English speaking guides.
See how Cretans harvest olives and produce extra virgin oil by visiting an olive mill.
Enjoy a full guided tour for wine tasting and see the whole wine-making process.
Find out all about Cretan knives visiting a 16th century Cretan House and its exhibition. Taste unique home-made food in a small village tavern, served by the locals.
Starting your Day trip Safari to Cretan culture you will visit an Olive Mill and then a winery for a guided tour in the Cretan secret for long life! Next you will visit an ancient olive tree which is 3000 years old and an exhibition on the history of olives.
Working up an appetite you arrive at a small village tavern, where you’re introduced to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality. On the way up to Mesavlia its time to cross the gorge of Deliana with its picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation. There will be plenty of opportunities to take photos of sheep and goats on your way to the cavernous chapel of Ag. Paraskevi, where you will make a short stop.
• A full-day guided tour of Crete in a Land Rover
• Visit an olive grove, see a 3,000-year-old olive tree and learn how olive oil is made
• Sip wine while being shown how Cretans make wine at a vineyard
• Stop by the chapel of Agia Paraskevi, built atop a huge cave that was a pre-Christian shrine
• Eat a delicious Cretan meal prepared by locals
• Hotel Pick up and drop off.
• Transportation by Land Rover Defenders.
• English speaking group leaders – drivers.
• Entrance fees to the winery for the guided tour.
• Entrance fees to the olive mill for the guided tour.
• Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
• A visit to a 16th century Cretan House and its exhibition.
• A visit to an ancient olive tree and its exhibition.
• Liability Insurance
• Local taxes
The olive mill tour includes:
• A live demo on the method of harvesting olives.
• A tour of both the old and new olive mill.
• An informative video presentation on this region.
• A guided tasting of different olive oils.
• Time for Q & A and the ability to purchase products.
• The wine tasting guided tour includes:
• A full guided tour and a visit to St. Tryfonas chapel.
• A presentation of the wine-making process.
• A full tasting of Wines paired with Cretan snacks.
• Any food, drinks or services not specified above