Archaeological Bus Tour To Akrotiri Excavation
- "95% Traveler's Rating"
Prophet Elias – Megalohori Village – Akrotiri Excavations (with Guide) - Red Beach (approach on foot) Perivolos Beach (free time for Lunch and swim) & Wine Tasting
Every day - Approximate Duration 6:30h - 7h
Start with the breath-taking view at the Prophet Elias Monastery and visit the picturesque monastery. Then follows Megalochori village, an extremely charming traditional settlement, almost abandoned after the big earthquake.
The visit continues to Akrotiri excavations, one of the most significant archaelogical sites, that includes a vast structure, once habited by 200 families and preserved burried under the volcano’s lava. Then you will have free time at the Red Beach to simply enjoy the colorful formations of the mountain and/or visit Akrotiri Bay for coffee or lunch with Greek traditional mezedes and ouzo (not included in the price). Perivolos, with its black sandy beach comes next.
There you will have enough time to enjoy swimming, explore the area and taste fresh cooked fishes at the local taverns. Last stop, one of the most popular wineries of Santorini, for a wine tasting experience.
• Visit the Monastery of Prophet Elias, built on the island's highest point
• See the traditional village called Megalochori
• Visit the beach of Perivolos filled with black sand
• Check out the archeological site of Akrotiri
• Licensed Guide
• Pick-up Transfer
• The entrance to Akrotiri (12€)
• Coffee or lunch with Greek traditional mezedes and ouzo
• The tour ends in Fira. Bus transfer for the clients to Firostefani, Imerovigli & Oia
• Please note that you cannot visit the Monastery in the inside