Land rover Safari Explore Shephard's Hut and Cheese Making Process
Adventure 4wd drive Tour, hotel pick up from Rethymnon, Bali, Georgioupolis, Adele, Sfakaki, Atsipopoulo, Skaleta, Panormo
Learn about the history and the traditions of the Island, meet locals, explore the wildlife of Crete and taste the delicious Cretan cheese and cuisine
. Your Day starts from Rethymnon city heading south east passing through traditional villages of Milopotamos and an area with dense vegetation, fresh aromas and unique views. The amazing field and views continue until you reach the historic Halepa Monastery, that used to be a refuge for Cretan rebels during civil wars and your second stop takes places. The unique view from the monastery is a great spot for pictures that combine the highest mountain tops of Crete with a farming valley.
Afterwards your amazing off-road route continues and, on the way, up to the shepherd‟s hut “Mitato” you will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view… If you’re lucky… eagles and wild goats will stop for you to take some photos. The road will lead you up to a traditional Shepherd‟s Hut where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd and cheese making process. There the owner welcomes you with a shot of raki and fresh Graviera Cheese.
Leaving Shepfherd‟s hut and working up an appetite you’ll arrive at a traditional Cretan tavern in Axos village, where you’ll be introduced to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality. On your way back you will follow an asphalt road that leads you to the city of Rethymnon.
• Learn about the fascinating history of Crete
• Explore its amazing landscapes & wildlife
• Try some of the Cretan cuisine
• Feel the Cretan hospitality
• Take mesmerizing pictures
• Hotels pick up and drop off.
• Multi-language group guide-drivers.
• Special Equipped Land Rover Defenders.
• A visit to an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato”.
• Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
• Liability Insurance and local Taxes.
• Any food, drinks or services not specified above
Availability: Not available