Meteora Sunset Tour
Meteora Sunset Tour - Daily - Throughout the year
A 'life-seeing' experience rather than a sight-seeing experience
When all the masses of tourists are long gone, join an amazing sunset tour that undoubtedly will be the highlight of your entire Meteora visit.
This tour will take you on a late afternoon visit to discover the hidden gems of this place. Allow the locals to guide you through the winding narrow roads of Meteora to places away the beaten tourist paths. Sunset tour begins with a visit to one of the monasteries, Agios Stefanos or Roussanou on the rocks. Then we will guide you to the oldest standing monument of our place, the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary located at the town of Kalambaka. A church made in the early Christian period with ancient marbles embedded on its walls, telling the town's long history of 27 centuries. Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas, learn the stories and the legends and enjoy great views from the most panoramic spots.
And as the sun slowly begins to descent, getting ready to touch the mountain ridges we'll bring you high up on the rocks of Meteora, on a magical spot to enjoy the most captivating sunset views. Up there, sitting on the edges of cliffs you will feel the cool evening breeze as it passes through this out of this world landscape. Let your heighten senses explore moment by moment the dimming of the daylight and the vividness of the sunset colors on the earth and the sky above. A perfect way to end a beautiful day at Meteora with an awe-inspiring tour to be remembered forever!
● Semi-independent tour
● English-speaking tour leader
● Pick up and drop off from your Hotel in Kalampaka town or Kastraki village
● Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus
● Free Map and Bottle of water
● Free wifi on board
● Combines a bus tour with short walks
● Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
● See all six monasteries
● On your tour of Meteora you will be able to enter the Monastery of St. Stephen, except for Mondays, where we visit a different monastery due to it being closed.
● Visit the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
● Visit the renovated Hermitages of Badova
● Take the most perfect sunset photos ever
● English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides on request
● Gratuity (optional)
● Entrance fees at the one monastery, 3 euro per person
● Entrance fees at the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary, 2 euro per person
Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking. Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf. Wear closed toed shoes. There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along. Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
Availability: Not available